5. Hearing team leaders say “I have the BEST team. I can’t wait to do this again.” People bond over serving together. The leaders led their teams to serve…and they did it so well.
4. One young father excitedly reported of sharing the gospel with a resident who later came to the church for the rally. The Great Day of Service is about works AND words – the Word of Life.
3. Observing senior adults directing traffic, handing out hot dogs, holding trash bags and raking up leaves. Their example has impacted many lives. They remind us that as long as there is breath in the lungs God can use any willing vessel.
2. Seeing children and teenagers joyfully serving alongside parents and other adults. The predominantly self-absorbed attitude of the age took a right hook on the chin concerning the upcoming generations!
1. Churches working together. God must be pleased.
That’s my Great Day of Service 2014 First Five.