I pray you are still healthy and taking the necessary precautions. Let’s be mindful of what we are being asked to do and consider that this is a legitimate way to love our neighbor in these days. We wanted to take a few moments to update you on what is happening at FBC Ponca City.
French and Amy’s Last Sunday
- If you had not seen French has resigned as Associate Pastor of FBC Ponca City to take a position with Reaching Souls International. He is going to be sharing with us this Sunday what all he will be doing with them so that you can know how to pray for them. We truly believe we are SENDING him into a new mission field. And for that we can rejoice.
- This is obviously not the goodbye we would like to have given them for their 15+ years of service to FBC. We would invite you do this instead: PLEASE TAKE SOME TIME TO EXPRESS YOUR THANKFULNESS TO THEM THROUGH A CARD. But we would ask you to send that card to the church instead of to their house. They are in the process of trying to sell their house and move to OKC so we would not want any cards to get lost in the transition. If you would like to include a gift card that would help them in the transition, I know that would be welcomed.
- For the near future (March 29 and April 5) we will continue with the schedule posted on our websites. A Sunday Livestream at 10 and Wednesday gatherings at 6.
- We are praying and thinking right now about creative ways we can worship together on Easter Sunday. Be watching in the days to come for more information.
- Children’s Bible Drill has been canceled. We’re so proud of the hard work you put in this year! Memorizing Scripture is never for nothing. God will bring to mind the verses and key passages you’ve learned when you need them the most.
- Easter Pancake Breakfast & Egg Hunt is canceled. We’re working on an alternative walk/drive event. We’ll let you know more soon.
- CrossTimbers is still a go as of today. The registration deadline has been postponed to Apr. 29. The Camper-Guardian Meeting will be rescheduled as well. More details to come.
- Look for children’s activities posted daily on the FBC Facebook page at 2:00 and on the FBC Community Kids Facebook page several times a day. Feel free to add your own ideas and pictures to the FBC Community Kids page.
- Join the Kids Photo Scavenger Hunt: https://classroom.
google.com/u/0/h Enter the classroom code: 74mexgh If you need help, email email@example.com or text Nancy Ruth at 239-462-4686.
- Proceeding as normal toward summer camps and ministries.
- Vietnam – unfortunately our Vietnam trip has been cancelled, please pray for those we worked with and for all of our International Mission Board workers who are overseas ministering in these days.
- Colorado – right now our Colorado trip is on hold. We are staying in contact with the camp directors to evaluate ways that we can serve them.
- Annie Armstrong Easter Offering – Our Annie Armstrong offering supports missionaries and church planters across North America. So please be in prayer about giving to this offering.
- Choir will continue meeting at 7:00 pm on Wednesdays via Zoom. We’ll work on a couple of our songs for Night of Worship in hopes that when we come back together we can celebrate and praise the Lord!
- Continue to check in with one another, I have heard great reports of you all doing this. Keep it up!